mandag den 20. september 2010

Last day in Livingstone

These days of being in the  camp are amazing. It is so nice to just relax and do whatever we feel like. Today was also a very practical day. Picked up laundry. Now clean. Yes. Went to town and found the "Old Market". One of those funny african markets where you can by just anything. The first 10 stalls were full of blankets. Not the thin nice ones but some that could keep you warm during a cold russian winter. Did I forget to mention that it was now 10:30 in the morning and that it was now close to 35 degress and sunshine.
Found a couple of places on the market advertising for "Hair Salon". So since a haircut was on the to-do list I chose the one that looked....most authentic. Upon entering the salon I was greeted by my personal hair expert - Philippe. After some chit chat I decided on the ordinary gangster hairstyle "Plain 8 mm". The hair cut itself took some 4 minutes which included a nice disinfectant rubbed in the hair that smelled a lot like coolant for a car or truck. The burn wasn't so bad but I hope I'll not loose all my hair. The price = 4000 local money + 1000 tip = 1 USD.
The rest of the morning we spent at the local cafe with a nice cup of coffee, shakes, sandwich. They have free wifi so it was good to check up on the news, mails, blogs etc. Seems the world is doing ok even with our absence.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar